Monday 3 April 2017

Review: Coconut King Chocolate Orange Body Butter

It has been my pleasure over the last couple of months to review this cruelty-free, vegan, all natural body butter. And when I say pleasure, I mean that sincerely. It's like cocooning your body in orange flavoured chocolate, which is always a bonus as far as I'm concerned. 😍


The Coconut King is a UK company based in Brotton. They make body balms, body butters and lip butters and a lot of their business seems to be aimed at natural tattoo aftercare.

I tried their chocolate orange body butter. It comes in a 150g tin and is a solid balm which of course gets a bit softer depending on the temperature. Melting it between the palms is recommended before applying after a shower or bath.

The ingredients are:

Virgin Coconut Oil
Unrefined Shea Butter
Unrefined Cocoa Butter
Sweet Almond Oil
Carnauba Wax 
Sweet Orange Essential Oil

I've been an admirer of coconut oil for a while and I'm always pleased when products contain it. As previously mentioned, this butter smells exactly like chocolate orange, which is pretty impressive considering it contains no artificial parfum. It absorbs, but it also stays on the skin so it feels coated and smooth. I find that when I apply a lotion or butter that sinks straight in and an hour later there is no visible residue, I know it's not doing its job and my dry skin is going to flare up if I carry on using it. This helped my dry skin in a matter of days and it was the first thing I'd used on my eczema in months that actually showed some signs of working.

One thing that disappointed me a little was the packaging. I'm all for using a tin rather than plastic, but the picture on the front is a little gimmicky and suggests that the butter is synthetic rubbish, when nothing could be further from the truth. Obviously I don't know what sales are like, but as I mentioned, the focus seems to be on tattoo aftercare and the company's social media feature mainly pictures of tattoos. I feel that a redesign of packaging plus promotion of the products (especially on Twitter, where followers are few) would help to reach more people interested in natural beauty. It feels that the butters' all natural, vegan, cruelty-free ingredients are perhaps taking a backseat to tattoo care instead of being available on natural beauty websites (I haven't seen it for sale anywhere). Anyway, that's just my opinion of a great brand that by rights should be in your local Boots!

In summary, I will repurchase this again and again! I feel like I've stumbled on a secret here and the word really needs to be spread about The Coconut King. Try this for yourself and see.

Buy here with free postage
Follow The Coconut King on Facebook and Twitter




*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.







No comments:

Post a Comment