Tuesday 4 April 2017

Review: Ooh! Oils of Heaven Natural Cacay Anti-Aging Oil

Today I'm going to review a lovely oil from Ooh Oils of Heaven. I've been trying a few different oils recently (me, who's never used oils prior to the last few months) and this was a welcome addition to my collection.


Oils of Heaven are the same company behind Balm Balm and also the natural beauty shopping site, Love Lula. They say:

Oils of Heaven was established to scour the world for the most effective beauty oils known to humankind and bring them to a wider audience. Oils whose effectiveness in repairing cells and healing skin has stood the test of time over centuries. Once identified, Oils of Heaven strives to source these oils from small local suppliers in a fair and equitable manner, trying to help particularly women to establish a livelihood for themselves and for the community. Oils of Heaven strives to bring you the absolute best of nature in a sustainable, equitable and natural way to make the world a more beautiful place.
Oils of Heaven have a small range of five oils - natural cacay, argan, baobab, moringa and rosehip. I decided to try the cacay as it claims to be anti-aging. I must confess I hadn't heard of cacay before and I was intrigued to read that it contains 50% more vitamin E than argan oil and twice the linoleic acid and also has three times more retinol than rosehip oil. It is cold-pressed from wild cacay nuts in the Colombian jungle. 

I used two to three drops before my moisturiser at night and found it to be well absorbed. It was also good under moisturiser during the day and didn't leave my face oily before applying make-up. Although it is supposed to be odourless, I found this oil had a delightful nutty scent which made it even more of a pleasure to apply. I'm a big one for scent. I like my skin care to smell nice and sometimes I like to just take the top off products and sniff them (I know, I'm a weirdo).
Oils of Heaven come in 30ml sizes and they are all £19 apart from the cacay which is £39. I tried the 15ml size which I have barely made a dent in so far. So I would say although the cacay is an investment, 30ml will last forever. 

In summary, a really lovely oil and it was nice to discover a new ingredient. I would definitely try the rest of the range. 


You can buy Ooh Oils of Heaven here with free postage or at Love Lula




*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the ooh! Oils of Heaven oils. Great value as well as being really effective.

    ReplyDelete