Tuesday 15 May 2018

Review: Eveksia Skin Care

I've recently been browsing handmade skin care on Etsy, one of my favourite sites. I really like to come across new brands on there as the sellers are small businesses who use the purest of ingredients and make in small batches.
This week I am reviewing Eveksia skin care.

Serena Grey is the brains behind Eveksia skin care, a former art teacher with a degree in jewellery and silversmithing. You'll find her Etsy shop full of art, healing crystal jewellery and of course, Eveksia, a vegan 100% natural and organic range.

Eveksia is a range of cleansing and moisturising balms with five base oils: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Safflower Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil. Organic Jojoba Oil and Organic Rosehip Oil. Serena's website is a mine of information regarding her ingredients, with detailed pointers on essential oils. 

Her face and body balms are for 5 targeted skin problems: tired skin, anti-aging, acne, detox and problem skin. I chose the geranium and bergamot harmonising night cream for mature skin, with an essential oil blend to bring feelings of balance and focus, while relieving stress and easing depression. I need all the help I can get in that department.

The smell of this balm is glorious. I used it as a body moisturiser at night after a shower and I love the way it sinks into the skin.

Ingredients: 5 base oils plus essential oils of geranium, bergamot, vanilla, lavender, frankincense and galbanum.


I also tried two cleansers from the range that caters for six different skin issues.
The Lemon Facial Cleanser with Lavender for dry skin is divine. It's so delicately citrusy and melts perfectly into the skin. I don't usually use balms for removing eye-makeup due to the mess it leaves on my muslin but I gently massaged my eyes with this balm and found it really effective at removing my makeup with no panda eyes or stinging. The balm itself left my skin wonderfully soft, hydrated and clean. This balm is the calming blend with oils to induce relaxation and it feels great to use before bed.

Ingredients: 5 base oils plus essential oils of lemon, lavender, frankincense, geranium and patchouli.


The final sample I tried was the Lemon, Jasmine and Galbanum facial cleanser harmonising blend, designed to heal most skin problems.
Another nice-scented product which melts into the skin. What I really like about the balms is how well all the oils work together. The scents are so delicate, with one oil not overpowering the rest, creating a really relaxing smell.

Ingredients: 5 base oils plus essential oils of lemon, jasmine, galbanum, peppermint, tea tree, cedarwood and patchouli.


Serena uses recycled packaging for her products and has an offer where you can send your used jars back for credit on future purchases.

It's worth mentioning that at normal room temperature, the products are liquid. You can use them like this but I stored mine in the fridge and found they were still soft enough to scoop out easily and felt cooling and soothing on the skin especially on a hot day.
Serena's silver and crystal bracelet for the relief of depression and emotional trauma

In summary: An amazing skin care experience with these lovingly made products. I'm so glad I discovered this brand!

You can view Serena's Etsy shop here and her website here




*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment