Monday 10 April 2017

Review: Balm Balm Super Light Coconut Cleanser

Balm Balm are the Leaping Bunny approved brand from Amarya Ltd, who are also behind Ooh! Oils of Heaven and the shopping site Love Lula.

This vegan coconut cleanser from Balm Balm is as pure as you can get. The ingredients are caprylic/capric triglycerides (coconut oil). And nothing else. Which makes me wonder why people would want to use chemical-laden crap from the supermarket on their faces when they could use this? One reason might be money. This 100ml bottle is £14.50. Was it worth it?


After using a few products from Balm Balm, I have come to expect a certain level of greatness. This did not disappoint!
Balm Balm indicate that you can use this as a make-up remover or as a hot cloth cleanser. I decided to try it as a make-up remover first. I squirted some on a cotton wool pad and used it on my eyes and face. After only a couple of sweeps on my eyes and face, I didn't like it. Some people like oily products to remove make-up. I'm not one of those. In the past, I've bought many eye-make up removers which have gone in the bin when I've realised they are oily. There's something about the feel of oil on my eyes. I'm firmly committed to using micellar water to take my make-up off because I like the cool, refreshing feel of water on my eyes and face. After that, I'm happy to use a cleanser of any texture for another cleanse.
So, having established that I didn't like to use this cleanser for make-up removal, I used it on a make-up free face before bed. I put 2-3 pumps in my hand, massaged it into my face and removed it with a hot cloth.
The results were lovely. My dry skin felt soft and hydrated and very clean. The cleanser was very easy to remove and left no residue. 

Because it's so easy to remove, I've found the cleanser a really good choice for a quick cleanse before work in the morning when time is short. Regarding the price, I think if you were to use it as a make-up remover, it would require a large quantity each time (2 pumps barely dampened a piece of cotton wool) but using with a hot cloth, 2-3 pumps is enough for a full face, making this really economical. I've been using this a while and I've still got a lot left. Also, this is on a par price wise with other natural cleansers and a lot cheaper than some.

In summary, this is a gorgeous cleanser that I will use again and again. It makes me feel good to know that I am using pure coconut oil and nothing else on my face.
One final point. A lot of people are concerned that coconut oil is comedogenic. Balm Balm address this issue on their website:

Virgin coconut oil which is solid and has a high fat content has some adverse press in regards to being comedogenic but also some wonderful press with regards to its effect on skin, especially delicate skins. The word comedogenic could really be applied to just about any oil with a fat / wax content but this is very extreme and not really accurate. However, our cleanser is made from fractionated coconut which means that it only contains the non fatty part of the oil making it lighter than any other vegetable oil available. You can feel this just by touching it. This also makes it easily removable with water which is what it is designed to do and therefore leaving no chance of clogging the pores. 


You can buy the coconut cleanser here



*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment