Sunday 14 January 2018

Review: The December Cruelty Free Beauty Box

Somewhat late, I present the December Cruelty Free Beauty Box review.
 The December box had a festive theme with a candy cane and a nice thank you message for supporting the company in 2017.

SPACE MASK
The Space Mask was something I'd heard about before. I wasn't sure about putting heat on the delicate skin of my eyes but I gave it a go. It was a padded, comfortable mask and very pretty-looking which smelled nice (jasmine) and heated up after a few minutes. It takes a lot to relax me unfortunately and much as I wanted to drift off and de-stress, I was fidgeting and farting about while wearing this, so I didn't get much of the intended benefit. However, it was something novel that I enjoyed trying and I'd use it again.

Ingredients: Essence of jasmine, iron filings.


PHB ETHICAL BEAUTY FACE MASK
PHB products are always welcome to me. I have masks coming out of my ears at the moment, so I haven't tried this one yet, but looking forward to it.

Ingredients: Aqua, Aloe barbadensis** (Organic Aloe) leaf extract, Kaolin Clay, Helianthus annuus** (Organic Sunflower) seed oil, Butyrospermum parkii** (Organic Shea Butter), Cetearyl alcohol, Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Theobroma cacao** (Organic Cocoa Butter), Vegatable glycerine, Coco-caprylate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Phenethyl alcohol, Caprylyl glycol, Glyceryl stearate, Coco glucoside, Tocopherol, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) leaf oil, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) resin oil, Cymbopogon martinii (Palmarosa) leaf oil, Phytic acid, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) root oil, Rosa centifolia (Rose) flower oil, Benzyl alcohol, Sodium Bicarbonate, *Citral *Geraniol *Linalool *Limonene *Citronello *Farnesol *Eugenol *Occurs naturally in essential oils, **Organically grown ingredients.


LUCKY CLOUD CLEANSING BALM 
I've heard only good things about Lucky Cloud, so I cracked this one open as soon as I received it. The scents are certainly not my three favourites (I expected it to be lemon based going off the colour on the jar) but this is a lovely gentle yellow balm that melts into the skin and leaves it feeling well cleansed. Considering it's such a tiny jar as well, it's really lasted. I'd definitely try Lucky Cloud again.

Ingredients: carthamus tinctorius (thistle) seed oil hydrogenated soybean oil simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil macadamia ternifolia (macadamia nut) seed oil ricinus communis (castor) seed oil tocopherol (vitamin e oil) pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil citrus aurantium (neroli) flower oil santalum austrocaledonicum (sandalwood) wood oil linalol*, citral*, geraniol*, d-Limonene*, farnesol* *occurs naturally in essential oils

LE MONT BOTANIQUE ROSEHIP OIL AND DAY SERUM
Another brand I had to look up, LMB are a cruelty-free organic company who make skin and hair products. All their products are vegan apart from their anti-acne serum which contains propolis. Some of their products are in unique single-use only packaging to retain freshness which is a novel idea, although needs to be balanced with the recycling aspect. Their plastic is recyclable but I'm guessing their plastic wrappers are not. The rosehip oil is 100% pure but there are no ingredient details for the day serum on their website.
The rosehip oil is a lovely fragrant treat for skin which sinks in nicely while the day serum left my skin feeling very soft and hydrated.

 COUGAR PURE MINERAL EYESHADOW AND MINERAL BROW POWDER
I had to look Cougar up as they are a new to me brand. They are a cruelty-free UK brand who do a wide range of skincare and make-up but it's safe to say after these two products that I won't be using them again as they make a cow placenta cream, which I don't agree with in any way shape or form. Apparently the cows and calves are unharmed. Hmm. Is there actually any need? No, there isn't. At least their snake venom cream contains synthetic venom.
The eyeshadow is a glimmery brown/grey and the brow powder is a dark brown, a good match for me. I've used both and liked them.

In summary, a good box from the Cruelty Free Beauty Box company.


No comments:

Post a Comment